ART ZINES; lets talk about 'em

Discussion in 'Art Discussion' started by Screwdriver, Jan 20, 2019.

1. Screwdriver Member

Blog Posts:
    anyone of here ever made an artzine of their own?
    Im kinda pumped on the idea of making some (both sfw and nsfw) and I just like how unique and personal they can get. And the scene seems pretty neat, so I thought I would see if anyone on here made some.

Have you? What made you want to do it? What excited you the most about it? What was the biggest downer about it? (Was it folding and cutting and stapling? Cause that I suspect it probably the biggest downer for most people, or did you get them done professionally?) If you make NSFW ones, do you have trouble printing them or other issues along those lines? Do you go bigger budget ones (colour, printed elsewhere and shipped back to you, coloured paper, glossy covers, etc) or do them your self (at home, or black and white)?

But most importantly, if you have made one? Do you wanna at least post a preview here? Let me see your zinesssssssss
    • Love Love x 1
  2. Punkae Artist, Writer, and Sleepless Tea Addict ♥ [_____________] Author [Varied-Genre] aesthetic ☠ R-18G

Blog Posts:
    The idea sounds awesome, but I had never thought of it! That's so cool, could be something really awesome to sell or pass out at a convention as well, depending on the budget!
    • Love Love x 1
  3. Screwdriver Member

Blog Posts:
    I know right! There is just so much variety and so many possibilities! If you ever end up giving them a try at a convention or something you gotta share a little preview on the site for us!
  4. PeculiarBrunch New Member

Blog Posts:
    I've made a few that I've made with a mix of traditional art and collage! Unfortunately, I only made one of each as I made them as little customized gifts for loved ones, so I don't have any pics. I'd really like to make more on a slightly bigger scale, though! Maybe a kink-centric one. Actually- huh. I might come back to that idea :unsure:

On the flipside, I have participated in a slighter bigger scale one where a bunch (around forty, I think?) artists came together and one of them got them all printed and sold them on an online shop for us. A little hectic, but super fun nonetheless, and I'd really recommend looking into twitter or tumblr for any zines with applications open that might grab your attention if you're interested in them!
    • ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ x 1
  5. Screwdriver Member

Blog Posts:
    Oh man I hadn't really thought about group zines! thats super wild and cool.
    and OH MY GOD, that is actually the coolest way to give gifts to your favourite people.
    And you should DEFINITELY make a kink-centric one!