A question regarding NSFW references

Discussion in 'Art Discussion' started by carrotstiks, Jun 19, 2019.

1. carrotstiks New Member

Blog Posts:
    Hello there! I was wondering if I could get some advice from you lovely folks. I'm relatively new to the nsfw art scene (and haven't actually gotten around to posting anything yet, whoops!) and i had a question about where y'all get your references from - I've been using, uh, some "explicit videos" from some not so savoury websites for my art so far as references but I wasn't sure if these would be appropriate to link in my drawings here (because I always think it's important to link references and stuff.)

So that's my question, really - is it okay to link to videos where I got my art references from, or would that be inappropriate? If not I totally understand (and if there's any other places that I can look for references then that would be great too!)

Thanks in advance! :D
  2. bikdingle Amatuer [__________]

Blog Posts:
    I don't know of anyone who regularly mentions any references for their NSFW art.
    Some artist mention their inspirations from time to time, particularly if they are inspired by another artist.

I don't think links would be required.
    If you're interested in talking about your references you could mention them when you post the image in your gallery.

Is it okay to link videos? I'm not sure what the management thinks about that. I doubt any of the other users would complain.