~ Wishlist for the Site ~

Discussion in 'The Serious Table' started by Punkae, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Punkae Artist, Writer, and Professional Tea Addict ♥ [__________________________] Author [Varied-Genre] aesthetic

Blog Posts:
    Our only illustrations that currently work are embedded image files or image links. I can look into this but can't promise anything just yet. It's a good idea but might be difficult to pull off for me right now. ^^;
  2. Nathanomir Super Fancy . [__________]

Blog Posts:
    Take your time. It isn't as if you don't already have an overflowing platter. It would probably be easier to expand the Descriptions box on an image from 2,000 characters to 1,000 words and call it a day. That would really help us gabby artists who like to include flash fiction with an image.

Adding an illustration to an actual story is troublesome (I've tried to do it myself on a basic HTML site and let's just say it didn't work). No need to pull your hair out over something like that.
  3. Nathanomir Super Fancy . [__________]

Blog Posts:
    I don't want to throw too much at you (how you manage and design a multiuser interactive website is amazing), but one more suggestion:

Is it possible for the NSFW and SFW tags to be automatic options at the upload stage? As in radio boxes, and we check one, and it's applied. That way, we do it. It's in our faces, and we don't forget. It is sometimes easy to forget to add those important tags.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Trystl Bondage Heroine [__________] The Bondage Heroine

Blog Posts:
    Maybe I'm missing something, but there doesn't seem to be a decent system for viewing specific galleries. You can go to the gallery link at the top of the page and that will take you to a gallery, but it's just the latest posts. If no one has posted--all you get is the same images you've already seen. Or, if the same person posted a few dozen pictures, all you see are there pictures. You can fave and follow artists or galleries--but to access them it seems you have to click on their name in your member's list, then go and check if they've put anything new out.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong... Or maybe no one I'm following has posted anything for several weeks. It's hard to tell.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Trystl Bondage Heroine [__________] The Bondage Heroine

Blog Posts:
    It would also be nice if you could choose to let your choice be permanently selected, so that if all you post is NSFW material you don't have to click on it every time. :)
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Kevlar31 Disaster of biblical proportions! . [__________] ✩ Gallery Moderator ✩

Blog Posts:
    I agree with Nathanomir and Trystl with regards to tags - if you tag the specific gallery as NSFW would it not be prudent to automatically tag each image as it is uploaded as NSFW? Of course I have no idea as to whether this can be done - just a thought.
  7. Trystl Bondage Heroine [__________] The Bondage Heroine

Blog Posts:
    Not sure, but it seems like this ought to be simple, and maybe it's already an option one can set. But currently, the galleries always seem to start with the same pictures--presumably the oldest. For instance, I just did a search for BDSM, off the pull-down list under galleries, and all the images are the same ones I pulled up the very first time I logged on.

Among other things, this makes it seem like nothing ever gets posted. It also means you have to do some work to see anything new. Not that I advocate being lazy, lol, but it seems like it would be better to have the galleries start with the newest. Even if that's something you can do in options, I think it would make more sense to make that the default setting.
  8. berseh Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    I don't share that experience. When I log in I get the "Everything" gallery that displays the latest images. That is if you overlook the "Selection" thumbnails (that has changed only once since I registered here.
  9. Trystl Bondage Heroine [__________] The Bondage Heroine

Blog Posts:
    Interesting. Would like to hear from more people. Maybe it's just my browser or something.

No wait, I know what you're probably talking about. If you avoid the featured writing and featured images, and the next grouping of images... then you get down to Recently loaded files, which is oldest first.

What I'm talking about is when you go to the gallery file, at the top of the page, and click on the down arrow (or triangle, really) then you get a list of tags that have been turned into searches, which you can click on to help weed out the stuff you aren't into. But these seem to always start with the same images, which seems to make them virtually useless, at this point... at least after you've looked at the search results once.
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
  10. novax Erolair Partner Partner

Blog Posts:
    @Punkae
    I noticed that while you can sort by tags, it always sorts the images based on their age. So the oldest images always show on top, while new images will always be added at the bottom.

Is it possible to add a reverse sorting order link?

So if I visit today, look at a specific tagges images and come back in two weeks and search for that tag again... I don't want to scroll all the way down just to see the recently added ones.
  11. Punkae Artist, Writer, and Professional Tea Addict ♥ [__________________________] Author [Varied-Genre] aesthetic

Blog Posts:
    thank you for your suggestion. This is a known issue that I have been trying to resolve for a very long time, including contacting the developer of the gallery addon which controls sorting of tagged image searches. He gave me some code to adjust, though it did not change anything for us. More follow-up is needed, and I will update when I have more to share. :)
    • Love Love x 1