Tag Ettiquette & Popular Tags

Discussion in 'Erolair Tutorials & Information' started by Punkae, Nov 27, 2016.

1. Trystl Bondage Heroine [__________] The Bondage Heroine

Blog Posts:
    No problem.
  2. PixelJail Partnered Member Partner [__________]

Blog Posts:
    Feels like a FanArt / Rule34 tag would see a lot of use as well. Just joined, and one of the first images I put up I was wondering what the tag over here was and there doesn't seem to be a tag geared towards that sort of thing (although if there is, it's completely flown over me! O: )
    • Love Love x 1
  3. Punkae Artist, Writer, and Professional Tea Addict ♥ . Author [Varied-Genre] aesthetic

Blog Posts:
    Oh hey! Somehow, I missed this comment! I will gladly add those to the suggested tags list! They do, indeed seem useful! c:
  4. Screwdriver Member

Blog Posts:
    is there a tag that I am missing if you have some transgender people in your art? I'm told futa and stuff works but from what I have heard from real trans people thats kinda very offensive. I asked google, etc, etc but I couldn't really find anything.
    I guess what I'm asking is if there a guilt free tag I have missed?
  5. hirumono The Hungry Tentacle [__________] Tentacle-Forging Author

Blog Posts:
    A futanari character with external balls is indistinguishable from a transgender person, so I believe that, strictly for the purpose of tagging a picture (so that one can know about its visual content), it may suffice. If somebody is overly sensitive and touchy about something, I believe it is his/her problem. I wouldn't feel guilty about it.
  6. novax Erolair Partner Partner

Blog Posts:
    I believe you could use transgender, shemale, transman or transwoman?
    I know of a transman who refers to himself always as ftm (female to male), or the other way around mtf

As you said yourself though, you probably will always offend someone, if someone is very touchy on the naming things.
  7. Screwdriver Member

Blog Posts:
    Thanks for the input guys, I had a feeling there wasn't going to be some big tag to use without having to worry I'm making someone unnecessarily uncomfortable, but it couldn't hurt to ask just in case, right?
    I checked to see what we had for transwoman, transgender and few other similar tags and had a bit of luck there. So I'll use them for now, and I guess just update tags if I hear anything new in the future? (it kinda explains why I a lot of people just don't use any tags on some other sites I'm on, lol)
    Thank you both for taking the time to respond <3:lamiakiss: