Tag Ettiquette & Popular Tags

Discussion in 'Erolair Tutorials & Information' started by Punkae, Nov 27, 2016.

1. Trystl Bondage Heroine [__________] The Bondage Heroine

Blog Posts:
    No problem.
  2. PixelJail Partnered Member Partner [__________]

Blog Posts:
    Feels like a FanArt / Rule34 tag would see a lot of use as well. Just joined, and one of the first images I put up I was wondering what the tag over here was and there doesn't seem to be a tag geared towards that sort of thing (although if there is, it's completely flown over me! O: )
    • Love Love x 1
  3. Punkae Artist, Writer, and Professional Tea Addict ♥ . Author [Varied-Genre] aesthetic

Blog Posts:
    Oh hey! Somehow, I missed this comment! I will gladly add those to the suggested tags list! They do, indeed seem useful! c:
  4. Screwdriver Member

Blog Posts:
    is there a tag that I am missing if you have some transgender people in your art? I'm told futa and stuff works but from what I have heard from real trans people thats kinda very offensive. I asked google, etc, etc but I couldn't really find anything.
    I guess what I'm asking is if there a guilt free tag I have missed?
    • Like Like x 1
  5. hirumono The Hungry Tentacle [__________] Tentacle-Forging Author

Blog Posts:
    A futanari character with external balls is indistinguishable from a transgender person, so I believe that, strictly for the purpose of tagging a picture (so that one can know about its visual content), it may suffice. If somebody is overly sensitive and touchy about something, I believe it is his/her problem. I wouldn't feel guilty about it.
  6. novax Erolair Partner Partner

Blog Posts:
    I believe you could use transgender, shemale, transman or transwoman?
    I know of a transman who refers to himself always as ftm (female to male), or the other way around mtf

As you said yourself though, you probably will always offend someone, if someone is very touchy on the naming things.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Screwdriver Member

Blog Posts:
    Thanks for the input guys, I had a feeling there wasn't going to be some big tag to use without having to worry I'm making someone unnecessarily uncomfortable, but it couldn't hurt to ask just in case, right?
    I checked to see what we had for transwoman, transgender and few other similar tags and had a bit of luck there. So I'll use them for now, and I guess just update tags if I hear anything new in the future? (it kinda explains why I a lot of people just don't use any tags on some other sites I'm on, lol)
    Thank you both for taking the time to respond <3:lamiakiss:
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Punkae Artist, Writer, and Professional Tea Addict ♥ . Author [Varied-Genre] aesthetic

Blog Posts:
    Hi, and thanks so much for reaching out about this! My understanding of it was that futa covered both a wide category of what was previously known as intersex people, but it particularly is usually meant in a fantasy sense, so characters, not real people. And in the world of characters, as we all know, all things are possible. There are many different types of anatomy and representations of style and gender expression people use in their character/concept/creative work, so I think it is more intended to be an umbrella.

But absolutely when it comes to anything, be it creative/fictional work or depictions of real people, photos, literature, or anything else, using more defined, realistic transgender terms is both accepted and encouraged! We are not looking to offend anyone, and I am happy to add transgender tags to our tag etiquette list to help educate people who need to know more about specific tag meanings.

I hope that clears up any questions you had, and I'm sorry for taking so long to respond! My work and personal life have been going nuts for a while and are only going to get busier during the holiday season, so I'm trying my best to get caught up on messages here and prepare to really put my nose to the grindstone here for the next month and a half and get through it all! :XD:
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Screwdriver Member

Blog Posts:
    @Punkae thats awesome thank you!:heartviolet:

And also, I am constantly impressed by how much thorough thought and effort you put into everyones inquiries on here? I always feel real looked after and comfortable.
    All my questions are cleared up, and dont worry about the response times, I think we all understand how busy life can get!
    • Love Love x 1
  10. Punkae Artist, Writer, and Professional Tea Addict ♥ . Author [Varied-Genre] aesthetic

Blog Posts:
    @Screwdriver I have updated the original post of this thread to include a more detailed description of what term futa/futanari describes, and I have also added a Trans/Transgender category with a detailed description and linked some useful resources for people who are interested in doing a little extra research. Please let me know what you think about it! As a member of the community myself and a human being who wants to be kind to others, I consider it very important to properly inform people about this, and I would love to hear your feedback on the most recent update! :)
    • Love Love x 1
  11. Screwdriver Member

Blog Posts:
    Keeping in mind that T is not the letter of the LGBTQ+ sandwich I identify as, as much as I try to keep myself informed as best I can, there is a chance I may be off about stuff, but it sounds really good to me! It all sounds very respectful and informative. In the future someone might come along and give us more info, but until then, I think that its wildly great. I super love that you left links encouraging further reading, and the request to be respectful!

I am super pumped, thanks again @Punkae !
    • Love Love x 1
  12. Punkae Artist, Writer, and Professional Tea Addict ♥ . Author [Varied-Genre] aesthetic

Blog Posts:
    Thank you! That's not the part of the LGBTQ+ umbrella I fall under either, but I like to be as informed and respectful as possible! I'm just out here trying to live my best life and do a good job. lol :)
    • Love Love x 1
  13. novax Erolair Partner Partner

Blog Posts:
    It's the longest description now :)
    But I think you did a good job in the description with the examples. Much like with all parts of things, you can never please everyone, but I think you made a good enough point now on what to expect with this tag and when to use it.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1