Sorting images in my gallery

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Leatherchain, May 12, 2018.

1. Leatherchain New Member

Blog Posts:
    I may be (probably am) missing it, but...

Is there a way to move the location of an image INSIDE of the same folder?

I sometimes do series drawings, but often, other things get uploaded in-between series images. Is there a way to move the images around in a single folder so that they can be viewed in the proper order? I've tried, and it definitely does not work for me. Is it the browser I use, a glitch with my account, or is it simply not possible to do this without deleting and reloading things?

Thanks in advance for any advice/help.
    -Red
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Kevlar31 Disaster of biblical proportions! [_________________________] [__________] ✩ Gallery Moderator ✩

Blog Posts:
    There is a sort function by date or other criteria at the top right hand side of the gallery that you are in (just above the images).
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Leatherchain New Member

Blog Posts:
    I've used that. But I still can't change the specific order of the images. Sorting by date, or most popular really does not help me put the images in the proper order.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Leatherchain New Member

Blog Posts:
    Let me be more specific. I want to change the default order of the images in my own gallery, so that when other people view them, they are in the proper order.
  5. Kevlar31 Disaster of biblical proportions! [_________________________] [__________] ✩ Gallery Moderator ✩

Blog Posts:
    The only other way I can think of doing it would be to start a new gallery and add them in the proper order then delete the first gallery, or delete them from the existing gallery and then add them in the proper order.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Punkae Artist, Writer, and Professional Tea Addict ♥ [__________________________] Author [Varied-Genre] aesthetic

Blog Posts:
    @Leatherchain I'd love to see this added to the gallery add-on we use, as well as the ability to edit the source file of a post. I'll check in on the developer's thread and see if he has made a decision on adding those features yet, as they were highly desired last time I looked. For now, we have to manually post our work sequentially. I know it's an inconvenience, but it's what we've got!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Punkae Artist, Writer, and Professional Tea Addict ♥ [__________________________] Author [Varied-Genre] aesthetic

Blog Posts:
    If anyone wants to like my post about this on the developer's website, you're free to do so to maybe help influence him. I asked the same question a year ago, and he insisted that a paid resource for an upgraded (also additionally paid) version of the base forum software would include default tag result options, and I just.. can't help but think that's lazy development work. I think it would be best to encourage him politely to add it to his resource.

http://www.sonnb.com/threads/sonnb-xengallery-xenforo-gallery-paid.42/page-30#post-6015
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Leatherchain New Member

Blog Posts:
    Unfortunately, after signing up, it still says that I have insufficient privileges, and won't allow me to comment, or even like the post.
  9. Punkae Artist, Writer, and Professional Tea Addict ♥ [__________________________] Author [Varied-Genre] aesthetic

Blog Posts:
    Did you verify your email on that site yet?
  10. Leatherchain New Member

Blog Posts:
    I missed a step in the confirmation process. All fixed, now. Liked your post. Thanks for taking care of us.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Punkae Artist, Writer, and Professional Tea Addict ♥ [__________________________] Author [Varied-Genre] aesthetic

Blog Posts:
    @Leatherchain

It's an easy thing to miss. Thanks for helping out! I do what I can to take care of things. :meow:
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    • ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ x 1
  12. Punkae Artist, Writer, and Professional Tea Addict ♥ [__________________________] Author [Varied-Genre] aesthetic

Blog Posts:
    There has been a slight update to the situation. BEHOLD:
    Screenshot_2018-06-17-08-43-43.png
    I do not know what will come next, but at least we have been positively acknowledged this time around!
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2018