Soft Launch Ending Soon (Beta and Founder discontinued)!

Discussion in 'News' started by Punkae, Sep 20, 2018.

?

Do you think we should we give away a couple beta ranks in the Winter Festival this year?

1. No

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. Yes

7 vote(s)
    70.0%
  3. Pretty neutral/ don't care

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Punkae Artist, Writer, and Professional Tea Addict ♥ . Author [Varied-Genre] aesthetic

Blog Posts:
    As some of you may know, we were first in beta and then a soft launch, for quite some time. This was due to the need to work on some core features that we needed for Erolair to be what we can consider the "total package" in regard to offering a smooth, functional website that has optimization for both literature and visual content.

Taking a trip down memory lane, we have had so many wonderful suggestions from community members and much hard work from individuals who have diligently reported bugs, helped me look at some development I was stuck on, brought in new people to help donate to purchase additional functions, spent time answering all the questions of newcomers and helping to keep people in check under our rules, and so much more! We've made progress in leaps and bounds as a growing community here with our budding platform. :meowteal:

Here are just a few of the features that were planned ahead for as well as asked for by the community, and thanks to all of you, we now have them!
    • Customizable Profile URLs
    • Tags search results displaying chronologically starting newest
    • Splash pages to make the site safer for work/public setting
    • SFW browsing option
    • Collection scrolling carousels
    • Bigger allotted space for galleries
    • Animated name styling for ranks
    • Better representation and promotion options for written media
    • More modern emoticons
    • Static background texture (content scrolls, but it does not)
    • Blogs
    • Shoutbox
    • Massive max limits for picture uploads
    • Fancy styling for our "Premium" tab
    • A whole pile of usable fonts

Naturally, there will always be more that we want to do. After all, progressing is what keeps something like this alive with the passage of time (see some of our community's complaints about other platforms that refuse to change with the times). We will always be accepting suggestions and issue reports. We will always be striving to make this place better than it is. There is always much work to be done.

That being said, the :beta: and :founder: ranks were only meant for our pre-full launch time period. Therefore, starting January 1, 2019, we will no longer offer those ranks. However, we will have a couple new big ticket ranks available for those of you who want to financially support our growth and show off a flashy name and some awesome perks. The titles of "beta" and "founder", however, will be discontinued. Anyone who has them already will be able to show them off until the end of time, a special reminder to yourself and all of the rest of us that you were here when we were just getting on our feet and helped us out that way.

So any of you interested in these titles have until then to get ahold of them. We may even give a few beta ranks out for our upcoming winter festival. What do you think? Sound fun? Let me know!

As always, thank you all so much for being wonderful. This was once only a dream for me, as a frustrated user of other platforms, so bogged down by rules that I couldn't post some of the things I enjoyed creating the most, irritated by old, outdated websites that barely ran. I came up with a silly, temporary website to house the art of myself and some friends, and enough people liked it that we have been able to continue growing since then. We're over 1000 now! It may seem small when you compare it to social media stats, but for us, it's our personal best, and it's absolutely amazing. After all, at one point, that number was just 1. :giggle:

My friends, you are truly a gift. :meowlove:

Much Love Always,
    :starpurple: Punake

@Member @Premium @Beta Tester @Founder @Moderator @Gallery Moderator
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
    • Love Love x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Y-Phil Un Valaisan en ligne . [__________]

Blog Posts:
    :cool:
    • Love Love x 1
  3. The Bodyguard Well-Known Member Humorist

Blog Posts:
    I really don't understand most of that except that I guess I can't climb to the rank of "High Pooh-bah". Darn. But I am rather happy at the site. Shoutbox is nice if there's someone to shout at.
    I wish the comments for writers was set up on the screen like the artists. Not sure if that is a space issue, considering HOW FEW COMMENTS are posted to us humble churners of wisdom, wit, and general horniness.
    • ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ x 1
  4. Y-Phil Un Valaisan en ligne . [__________]

Blog Posts:
    Just a little word to express my gratitude for this site: I love it, I love the freedom, compared to other larger ones.
    Even though I don't have enough time to visit and comment (something I really regret), I appreciate each of the few moments I pass here.

Much love :giggle:
    • ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ x 1
  5. helleborenoire New Member

Blog Posts:
    since my native language is not English and I use an online translator, I'm not sure I understand the question. What is a "beta rank"?
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Punkae Artist, Writer, and Professional Tea Addict ♥ . Author [Varied-Genre] aesthetic

Blog Posts:
    Beta, like a beta tester - people who were here to help really early on and decided to support us financially for early development of the website. I hope that helps explain it. :)
  7. alienarea Beyond Time and Space [__________]

Blog Posts:
    Would like to become "beta" or "founder" before it expires, what do I have to do?

Deleted my DA account and pictures last week and will post here only.
    • Love Love x 1
  8. Punkae Artist, Writer, and Professional Tea Addict ♥ . Author [Varied-Genre] aesthetic

Blog Posts:
    Beta Tester and Founder are each a one time payment upgrade to your account (you buy it once and have it for life). They are completely optional (no one will ever hassle you to buy them, but they are available to obtain if you so choose and come with some nice perks). All upgrades are available at http://erolair.com/account/upgrades

If for any reason you can't afford it or are unable to buy it before January 1, 2019, I think we'll definitely be giving away some Beta Tester ranks because I would like to thank people for being here and helping us through alpha, beta, and soft launch development, even if they couldn't buy the rank. So if that's the case, you can always keep your eyes peeled for a post by me about that at some point. I'll be making it sooner, rather than later, so as many people as are interested have ample time to enter the drawing. I also need to sort out how many will be given away. :meowlove:

Also, I wanted to note this after reading that you deleted your account and pics from DA - Welcome as a full-timer! You and people like you, who are retiring from or leaving other platforms are wonderful encouragement for me to put every effort possible into making Erolair the best it can be. Please never hesitate to talk to me about your experience here and voice your opinion about things that can be improved or changed to make us a better, unique platform. :heartrainbow: