Questions about How NSFW/SFW Work

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nathanomir, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Nathanomir Active Member

Blog Posts:
    I want to make sure I fully understand how the NSFW and SFW tags work so my images go on the right side of the house.

If a gallery is marked NSFW is that universal for all images I put in it? Or is that a general warning about contents? In a gallery marked NSFW, would I still need to tag each image? I'm doing that right now. And in a gallery marked NSFW, could I tag an image SFW and it would appear on that side of the house?

I make quite a few barbarian fantasy images. It's my genre. Sometimes the characters are clothed. Sometimes they're not. I want to make sure the visibility setting is right for the image. Of course, "clothing" in barbarian fantasy is a relative concept. No one really wants the boss to walk in at work while one is surfing pictures of muscular girls with large breasts wearing metal Speedos romping around with swords. :)
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. WeFergie007 Licensed to Thrill [_________________________] [__________]

Blog Posts:
    I've been wondering the same. Thanks for asking.

However regarding the comment about "the boss" perhaps it would be most dependent upon the identity of the boss.;)
  3. Nathanomir Active Member

Blog Posts:
    Right? If I were the boss, I'd pull up a chair and say "Show me more!"
  4. bikdingle Amatuer [_________________________] [__________]

Blog Posts:
    I think the 'side of the house' that an image shows up on depends on the tag for the gallery.
    I uploaded a bunch of pinups today into my pinup gallery (I marked the gallery NSFW when I created it) and they show up on the NSFW images side.
  5. bikdingle Amatuer [_________________________] [__________]

Blog Posts:
    Did some experiments with changing mature setting, changing labels and even created a new album with a single SFW image in it.
    Can't seem to get anything to show up as SFW when you choose the SFW at "Pick your poison"
  6. WeFergie007 Licensed to Thrill [_________________________] [__________]

Blog Posts:
    Thanks for the info. May have to do some experiments as well.
  7. Punkae Artist, Writer, and Professional Tea Addict ♥ [__________________________] Author [Varied-Genre] aesthetic

Blog Posts:
    The problem is that tag results don't show in a chronologic order, either or when they were tagged or when they were submitted. It's an issue that I'm working on because we really need tags that show a time-based sort order, rather than relevance or random.
  8. bikdingle Amatuer [_________________________] [__________]

Blog Posts:
    I see, that explains a lot.
  9. Punkae Artist, Writer, and Professional Tea Addict ♥ [__________________________] Author [Varied-Genre] aesthetic

Blog Posts:
    Yeah, it's kind of a pain in the ass. I've been poking through the code to see what type of automatic sorting I could apply to the results without messing anything up. I can also request that it be added as a feature to the gallery addon we use, but there's no guarantee the developer himself would be interested in doing that or how long it would take.
  10. WeFergie007 Licensed to Thrill [_________________________] [__________]

Blog Posts:
    Thank you for the feedback. Something we do not get at that "other" place.;)
    • ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ x 1