Other ideas for the site - Raffles?!?

Discussion in 'Art Discussion' started by WanderingSketchPad, Apr 6, 2016.

1. WanderingSketchPad Super Awesome SuperModerator [__________] Collections Manager Rambling Writer

Blog Posts:
    Currently i'd like to discuss options on art raffles as well as writer's raffles! They could be separate things, or maybe we could do a raffle collab too. Keep reading for more information.

Punkae and I have toyed with the idea of raffles for a long while now I think, and I believe it could be a fun way to gain site revenue as well as revenue to artists/writers who participate.

The basic idea behind it is if you are a content creator and would like to offer your services up for the raffle, you'd get a portion of the money. Tickets could cost anything from 2-3 dollars too 5-8 dollars depending on what the raffle offers, an we could offer limited amount of tickets and do the raffle once all are sold.

A break down could be like this:
    Each ticket @ 5 usd, with 100 tickets possible for a total of 500usd. 3 content providers chose to participate! The site could take 10% of the total amount of tickets purchased (50usd in this case) to help host the website as a whole, money which could be used to expand the website further or simply keep it running, and then each content provider would respectively get the remainder split (In this case, 150usd each).

For the rewards, they could be something like each content provider could offer x amount for the reward. As an artist this could be like a sketch or colored piece, or a few of each etc depending on what they are comfortable with, and for writers it could be short stories, bios or other sorts of things etc, that the winners of the raffle would win. There could be 1 winner, or multiple winners, depending on what is offered (Or maybe if we use the 3 content provider scenario instead of each creator doing something for the winners, there could be three winners and each gets to pick an artist of their choosing etc? though this might be a bit more complicated if two of the winners want the same person xD)

Plus depending on the expense of each ticket (If its for say 3 usd each, the content providers may just want to offer sketches, while 5+ would be full works etc) we could offer dif stuff.

There could be three types of raffles: Art, written, and collab.

For art the artists would offer their art, for writers they'd offer their writing respectively.

Then we could have a third tier for collab stuff, where the writers do writing for the winners and then the artists draw based on what is written (Could be used for short stories wherein the writer doesa few pages of written stuff and then each artist does a page of their own art to go with it type deal? XD)

Sorry if i'm leaving out any details. I just would like to know everyone's thoughts on this idea?
    • Like Like x 1
  2. WanderingSketchPad Super Awesome SuperModerator [__________] Collections Manager Rambling Writer

Blog Posts:
    Oh yea...

@Punkae (please could you tag members? XD ily)
  3. Zerone The Fanciest [__________]

Blog Posts:
    I think it's a great idea specially because it's a fun way to profit, I would also think that having the members who have bought raffle tickets vote on occasions for a specific topic on the art/writing that's being raffled would be a good idea and would advertise the raffle that's going to be made a bit more. Idk just some suggestions :meowbounce:
    • Like Like x 2
  4. WanderingSketchPad Super Awesome SuperModerator [__________] Collections Manager Rambling Writer

Blog Posts:
    yea I also think this is a great idea, themed raffled etc ^.^
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Eldritch-Shambler Lesser Old One [________]

Blog Posts:
    Raffles you say? Nromally I never win those, but if they help the site then I'll see if I can put some cash-money out if I have more lying around.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. WanderingSketchPad Super Awesome SuperModerator [__________] Collections Manager Rambling Writer

Blog Posts:

This is likely something we'd do once we are more established, though. More users and more content providers etc ^.^
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Punkae Artist, Writer, and Professional Tea Addict ♥ . Author [Varied-Genre] aesthetic

Blog Posts:
    :crown: This is a great idea! I'll probably have a more detailed response here in a bit! For now, everyone please check this out!

@Member
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
  8. ShapeFlesh Active Member Writer [NSFW]

Blog Posts:
    So people enter the raffle and the winners choose what artist they want to do a thing for them and the artist they choose gets a cut of the money?
  9. WanderingSketchPad Super Awesome SuperModerator [__________] Collections Manager Rambling Writer

Blog Posts:
    When cass and I discussed it on skype, we decided it'd be more like the people pay for tickets and winner gets art from every participating contributor. So if you agree to be a contributor we'd have you basically under contract to do your part, and not providing the content to the winner would cause you to be banned from future raffle events etc (to protect those who invested in tickets from not getting what they paid for etc).
  10. ShapeFlesh Active Member Writer [NSFW]

Blog Posts:
    In terms of writing, how much would need to written for a raffle? Word counts are a bit iffy and stuff.
  11. WanderingSketchPad Super Awesome SuperModerator [__________] Collections Manager Rambling Writer

Blog Posts:

Much of the details still need to be worked out, but I imagine it'd be something we'd discuss before doing the raffle first, since we'd want the contributor to feel comfortable in how much they do versus what the income amount would be.

I'd imagine it could be anything from 500 words to 2000 words, or more? Or things offered like 'short stories' and such. Or even things like the writer does 10-20 pages and then the artist does 3-4 works pertaining to the written stuff if we did collab stuff, just as an idea
  12. WanderingSketchPad Super Awesome SuperModerator [__________] Collections Manager Rambling Writer

Blog Posts:
    Could also offer timed stuff, like the winner gets x hours with the writer on skype or some other system and then the writer free writes based on what the winner says to them xD I've done things like this before in the past.
  13. Punkae Artist, Writer, and Professional Tea Addict ♥ . Author [Varied-Genre] aesthetic

Blog Posts:
    I was thinking maybe we could hold a periodic art contest for the "mature content warning" pages. We have two of them, meaning two art piece slots that we could showcase. I think that we should make the rules "Can be suggestive content but no nudity or explicit content". Artist's name will be credited below with an on-site link to their profile, where they can tell the visitors anything they'd like to about themselves or direct them to their other websites.

We'd keep the winning image(s) up for at least one month before rolling over to the next contest or reverting to the original (current) image.

Does this sound like an idea of interest, @WanderingSketchPad ?

@Member
  14. Giygas My Penis Can Pull Down Panties. [__________] Writer [________]

Blog Posts:
    I think it would be fun. Gives us plebs who can't draw another opportunity to appreciate those of you who can.

Zzz.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Punkae Artist, Writer, and Professional Tea Addict ♥ . Author [Varied-Genre] aesthetic

Blog Posts:
    I was thinking maybe we could do some sort of a vote or something, make a fun event of it. c;
  16. Giygas My Penis Can Pull Down Panties. [__________] Writer [________]

Blog Posts:
    Sounds like that could be pretty fun, too. I think it'd work well~ ♥
  17. WanderingSketchPad Super Awesome SuperModerator [__________] Collections Manager Rambling Writer

Blog Posts:
    Would contestants be allowed to enter previously done works or do they have to make something new? Sounds fun either way tbh
  18. Punkae Artist, Writer, and Professional Tea Addict ♥ . Author [Varied-Genre] aesthetic

Blog Posts:
    I think we could allow previous work, as long as it's nice. The idea is quality and something fun and attractive looking that would work well with the site and also make a cute mature content warning. I think pinup styles and generally pretty/cute/suggestive stuff would work really well. :meow:
  19. Punkae Artist, Writer, and Professional Tea Addict ♥ . Author [Varied-Genre] aesthetic

Blog Posts:
    We could also do a thing where you put your art into a pool, and we go through and approve ones that would be eligible (of high enough quality), and once a week or two, I use a randomizer to pick one and put it up, so there's a little free advertising for artists and some variety on the site. Thoughts?
  20. ShapeFlesh Active Member Writer [NSFW]

Blog Posts:
    That sounds like something Yuri-ism is doing, except the artist are credited, so I say go for it. It's a nice idea.