Issues with image uploader...?

Discussion in 'The Serious Table' started by minus269, Jan 21, 2018.

1. minus269 Certified and licensed mad scientist [__________]

Blog Posts:
    @Punkae and crew:

Haven't been able to get the image uploader to complete an action all day (1/21/2018). When an image is selected for upload, either (a) the upload box briefly shows the file name and then reverts to "no file chosen"; or (b) shows the selected file name and does nothing, even after very extended wait times [I let one percolate for more than 20 minutes]. Are there any known issues?

Take care,
    minus269
  2. Punkae Artist, Writer, and Professional Tea Addict ♥ [__________________________] Author [Varied-Genre] aesthetic

Blog Posts:
    There was a user who contacted me about a similar issue, but we believe that it may have been a browser extension causing the problem. If you could do a favor for me and just disable any extensions you may have enabled while trying again, that'll help figure out if a similar issue is happening to you. Also, if you could please tell me what browser you're using while doing this, that is also helpful to me. Thank you! c:
  3. minus269 Certified and licensed mad scientist [__________]

Blog Posts:
    Chrome 63.0.3239.132; there has been a minor update pushed since the last time I uploaded an image here. I had Adobe Acrobat and Webroot extensions enabled. With those disabled, and system rebooted, I'm getting the same error.
  4. Punkae Artist, Writer, and Professional Tea Addict ♥ [__________________________] Author [Varied-Genre] aesthetic

Blog Posts:
    Okay, good to know. I will test mine momentarily and let you know because I am on exactly the same version of Chrome, I believe.
  5. Punkae Artist, Writer, and Professional Tea Addict ♥ [__________________________] Author [Varied-Genre] aesthetic

Blog Posts:
    @minus269 I was able to upload this photo to my test album just now:
    Test Photo II
  6. minus269 Certified and licensed mad scientist [__________]

Blog Posts:
    OK, have been suffering through the abject misery of watching the hometown football team embarrass itself on national television, and the postgame alcohol-induced haze ... I'll give it another try tomorrow, lol.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. DarkCowBoy New Member

Blog Posts:
    I'm on OPERA and I have similar issues. I had to try 4 times to finally succeed in uploading a picture.
    And often, I have a message saying "Title is required", but I gave the picture a title, and the album too, and a description, so I wonder if the error message "Title is required" doesn't adress some other issue that I miss.
  8. Punkae Artist, Writer, and Professional Tea Addict ♥ [__________________________] Author [Varied-Genre] aesthetic

Blog Posts:
    That's an interesting idea. I'll try to replicate it later in the day when I'm awake (it's bed time just now). :)
  9. Kevlar31 Disaster of biblical proportions! . [__________] ✩ Gallery Moderator ✩

Blog Posts:
    @Punkae did you find out was causing this issue as it has been happening to me for the last few days! (I'm using Chrome)
  10. Kevlar31 Disaster of biblical proportions! . [__________] ✩ Gallery Moderator ✩

Blog Posts:
    Ok! So all of a sudden I could upload files a few days ago - now, Nada! It's weird!
    • Sad Sad x 1
  11. Punkae Artist, Writer, and Professional Tea Addict ♥ [__________________________] Author [Varied-Genre] aesthetic

Blog Posts:
    I missed the messages here, so sorry. :(

Is this still happening for you?
  12. Kevlar31 Disaster of biblical proportions! . [__________] ✩ Gallery Moderator ✩

Blog Posts:
    Yes, unfortunately! It seems to be a sporadic issue though!
  13. Kevlar31 Disaster of biblical proportions! . [__________] ✩ Gallery Moderator ✩

Blog Posts:
    Hmmm! It seems it might be a problem with certain images - I might try re-rendering them.
  14. Kevlar31 Disaster of biblical proportions! . [__________] ✩ Gallery Moderator ✩

Blog Posts:
    OK - problem solved! I rendered it again and it uploaded first time! :)
    • ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ x 1
  15. Punkae Artist, Writer, and Professional Tea Addict ♥ [__________________________] Author [Varied-Genre] aesthetic

Blog Posts:
    It seems to be a little bit finicky, I've noticed. ^^;
    • Love Love x 1
  16. Kevlar31 Disaster of biblical proportions! . [__________] ✩ Gallery Moderator ✩

Blog Posts:
    Sometimes it just takes me a little time to work things out! ;)
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Kevlar31 Disaster of biblical proportions! . [__________] ✩ Gallery Moderator ✩

Blog Posts:
    Here's another one! Took me several tries to get a picture uploaded, finally it loaded only to tell me that it can't be saved because it doesn't have a title.

upload_2018-9-15_14-0-27.png upload_2018-9-15_14-1-6.png

Yay me - I broke it again!
  18. novax Erolair Partner Partner

Blog Posts:
    I got that several times as well, after creating a new album and immediately uploading new images to it (not saving the ablum empty first).

However, after opening the page in a new tab, it did show the correct title even while it was claiming the title is empty. So it did save it... just the error was wrong.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Kevlar31 Disaster of biblical proportions! . [__________] ✩ Gallery Moderator ✩

Blog Posts:
    Yes I found afterwards that the image had loaded twice into the existing folder! Weird!