I can't scroll! (...and I love scrolling!)

Discussion in 'The Serious Table' started by Kevlar31, Jan 23, 2019.

1. Kevlar31 Disaster of biblical proportions! [______________________] [__________] ✩ Gallery Moderator ✩

Blog Posts:
    I just went to look at the new images and instead of getting to the bottom of the first screen and the screen scrolling down further ... it stopped! I mean it just ... stopped! So I went out and came back in and it happened again! Or rather it didn't happen! I tried putting my tongue in the left hand side of my mouth! Nothing! I crossed my fingers! Nothing! I even rubbed my lucky rabbits foot (it took me two hours to catch the damn rabbit though)! I'm out of ideas! HELP!
  2. DNeil Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Check to make sure that your browser has JavaScript enabled. The feature that keeps adding pictures as you scroll depends on it. Without JavaScript, it switches to paging.
  3. Kevlar31 Disaster of biblical proportions! [______________________] [__________] ✩ Gallery Moderator ✩

Blog Posts:
    @DNeil I haven't changed anything in my browser, I check in here everyday and yesterday was the first day that I couldn't scroll past the first page.

Now I am getting a message saying no more pics available (or similar).
  4. DNeil Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Darn. If you're getting a message about "no more pics" and you're not seeing the page navigation buttons, then it's not a problem with JavaScript. Hopefully the system administrators can find something specific in your account. Do they monitor this forum? I've always been unsure how to get technical help here.
  5. novax Erolair Partner Partner [__________]

Blog Posts:
    Are you getting this problem only on a specific gallery/page or all of them?
  6. Kevlar31 Disaster of biblical proportions! [______________________] [__________] ✩ Gallery Moderator ✩

Blog Posts:
    When I first enter the site I always get to the SFW / NSFW page and I go into NSFW to check the new uploads. Now it only loads one page not a scrolling page with all the new pics!
  7. novax Erolair Partner Partner [__________]

Blog Posts:
    Which browser and version are you using? (version number usually found somewhere on menu Help -> About)
    Maybe then we can try to repeat it.
  8. Kevlar31 Disaster of biblical proportions! [______________________] [__________] ✩ Gallery Moderator ✩

Blog Posts:
    It's the same one that I have used here forever! Having said that - Firefox Quantum 64.0.2 (64-bit).
  9. novax Erolair Partner Partner [__________]

Blog Posts:
    Okay, I can't recreate this on my side with this browser sadly.
    Only wild guess for now would it's an Addon in your browser that might disturb it. You could disable all addons temporarily and test it again, see if it works then or is still buggy.

You can either disable them all by hand (Extras -> Addons), or you could create a new profile for testing and delete that profile later again.
    To create a new profile, close all Firefox windows and do Windows Key + R and enter "firefox.exe -p"
    This will open the profile manager. You can create a new profile there and start the browser with it (would be like a freshly installed Firefox). You can later use the profile manager to change back to your old profile and delete the temporary one. Just make sure you only delete the right one! ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Kevlar31 Disaster of biblical proportions! [______________________] [__________] ✩ Gallery Moderator ✩

Blog Posts:
    OK! I tried everything and nothing worked so in desperation I logged out and then logged back in! It was the equivalent of "turn it off then turn it back on again"! It WORKED! Damnit! ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  11. novax Erolair Partner Partner [__________]

Blog Posts:
    Almost too easy that way... :D
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Kevlar31 Disaster of biblical proportions! [______________________] [__________] ✩ Gallery Moderator ✩

Blog Posts: