Fade to Black

Discussion in 'Emotive' started by Punkae, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Punkae Artist, Writer, and Sleepless Tea Addict ♥ [_____________] Author [Varied-Genre] aesthetic

Blog Posts:
    Oh, the beauty of endless darkness,
    Of lingering nothingness,
    That silky ebony cover of night,
    So inky and deep.

It swallows everything within it.
    I long for it,
    Long to be covered,
    Hidden and safe.

The sounds and sights that pierce my senses,
    Completely nulled,
    Not a sliver of light breaches,
    The death mother's embrace.

2. Punkae Artist, Writer, and Sleepless Tea Addict ♥ [_____________] Author [Varied-Genre] aesthetic

Blog Posts:
    Maybe a touch melodramatic, but I'm sure we all have times where we just want to shut everything out, no matter the cost.
  3. The Bodyguard Pretty Spiffy [________] Humorist

Blog Posts:
    Maybe because it is printed in blue against the black screen but I had to get in close to read it, and that made it seem all the more...morose? Certainly gives us a new perspective on you. But not in a bad way.
    Introspection is something we all should consider and good for the soul as someone better than me has said. I have read this a few times and decided that I like the last line best. And that is a:unsure:(y)
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Punkae Artist, Writer, and Sleepless Tea Addict ♥ [_____________] Author [Varied-Genre] aesthetic

Blog Posts:
    @The Bodyguard I appreciate you replying to this. I don't know how much of it people would see here because I try to be kind and cordial, but I do have quite a melancholy heart. I have a very large heart and love very deeply, but I the same thing that makes me love deep plummets me into despair in times of loss and grieving. I recently parted ways with one of my best friends because our relationship had turned incredibly toxic, and it's been weighing very heavily on my heart. One of those things where when you invest enough of yourself in another person and they are suddenly gone, what are you left with? When you spend so much time, so much love, and so much energy on them and feel completely adrift, just longing for that warm, deep embrace of nothingness to numb the pain because we humans fight even good change like it's a desperate battle for survival. I don't want things to change, don't want to admit that I can't go about life the way things were. I just want to sit in a dark room and cry. Pull the curtains closed, the blanket over my head, block out all light, and pretend not to exist for a while.
  5. Bard66 Well-Known Member Erolair Partner [______________________] [________]

Blog Posts:
    I don't know why it took me till now to see this, but I can relate. I remember thinking as I went under for surgery " this is what I've been looking for" meaning just pure oblivion. My wife says I carry my own problems and those of everyone around me because I care so much, sometimes it gets to the point I need to just shut down completely to recharge and go on and that kind of nonexistent oblivion is what I need. Only for a while though, because I still have things to do.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Punkae Artist, Writer, and Sleepless Tea Addict ♥ [_____________] Author [Varied-Genre] aesthetic

Blog Posts:
    @Bard66 I know all about carrying other people's problems. I most definitely do it too. I wish there was a safe and easy way to just 'shut off' for a while. I've heard that's why people get addicted to heroin. Obviously that's not a good idea, but you know, just nothing for a while, to decompress and feel like a real person again after such a long struggle.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Bard66 Well-Known Member Erolair Partner [______________________] [________]

Blog Posts:
    The only way I've found is to just plain exhaust myself to the point of shut down, there are lots of ways to do that but the best (at least in my opinion) involves a willing, patient partner and a lot of energy expended. ( wiggles eye brows )
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Telki Member Author

Blog Posts:
    I have fuzzy blankets and hot chocolate, and I'm not afraid to use them, people.

You type this stuff, and I just want to cuddle you people till you can't wiggle.
    • Love Love x 1