Community Event Suggestions!

Discussion in 'Events' started by Punkae, Feb 9, 2018.

?

Are you interested in participating in some kind of event on Erolair?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Maybe

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Punkae Artist, Writer, and Professional Tea Addict ♥ [__________________________] Author [Varied-Genre] aesthetic

Blog Posts:
    I'd like to open the floor to community members for ideas about events! This can be for any medium accepted on the site (visual, written, assets, etc.). We can talk themes, requirements, prizes, and anything else you're interested in! I'd like to see what our community is interested in, so that we can start hosting events several times a year to keep people excited and engaged.

Keep in mind that these do not necessarily need to be contest-style setup. Perhaps all people who enter could just be in a pool to win prizes from or we could award some sort of prize to everyone who enters, that sort of thing. Also, a note, I can make temporary or permanent ranks for participants or winners. So, for example, if I wanted to give out a certain feature on the site for a year to people who participated, I could make a rank with that feature and award it to all people who participated for the appropriate duration.

Permanent ranks are always possible. Get creative! I want to see what you are all interested in! :meowlove:

@Member
    @Premium
    @Beta Star
    @Founder
    @Moderator
    • Love Love x 1
  2. Kevlar31 Disaster of biblical proportions! . [__________] ✩ Gallery Moderator ✩

Blog Posts:
    What about different holiday times?
    Easter (too late this year) - with Easter themed competition, including all genres, the same for Halloween, Xmas and my Birthday (joking - Punkae's Birthday).
    International BDSM day? (is there one? If not ...)
    Valentines Day?
    International Futanari Day? (Again is there one? If not ...)
    • Love Love x 1
  3. Punkae Artist, Writer, and Professional Tea Addict ♥ [__________________________] Author [Varied-Genre] aesthetic

Blog Posts:
    I'd be happy to do add a theme to specific weeks' votes, if that sounds good. And if there isn't a specified international day for something that people are interested in, we can just make our own! :meow:

Also, lol! My birthday is on July 10th, but rest assured, it is not a very special day! :XD:
    • ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ x 1
  4. Kevlar31 Disaster of biblical proportions! . [__________] ✩ Gallery Moderator ✩

Blog Posts:
    We could make July 10th International Tea Addiction Day, or International BDSM Day ;), or International Goddess Punkae Day :).
  5. Punkae Artist, Writer, and Professional Tea Addict ♥ [__________________________] Author [Varied-Genre] aesthetic

Blog Posts:
    I don't know if my ego is big enough for a holiday on my birthday, but if there isn't already an international tea addicts anonymous holiday, I think that might be a good day for it! :XD:
  6. Kevlar31 Disaster of biblical proportions! . [__________] ✩ Gallery Moderator ✩

Blog Posts:
    It's agreed then! July 10th is "International Tea Addicts Anonymous Day" and only Tea related posts can be made! ;)
  7. PixelJail Partnered Member Partner [__________]

Blog Posts:
    Well since it's Summer, I was starting to roll out a "BondageBeach" kinda theme for stuff, get some sunshine and beaches and fun with people tied up in creative ways on the beach, under umbrellas, on the pier....and of course, ever sandcastle should still have a dungeon!

Could do an event for that, see what people can come up with and if we can collectively create a wee seaside world full of kinky summerfun?
    • Love Love x 1
  8. Kevlar31 Disaster of biblical proportions! . [__________] ✩ Gallery Moderator ✩

Blog Posts:
    I'll get started immediately!
    • Love Love x 1
  9. Punkae Artist, Writer, and Professional Tea Addict ♥ [__________________________] Author [Varied-Genre] aesthetic

Blog Posts:
    @Kevlar31 @PixelJail I have an idea on how we can roll out a feature that lets people control their own visibility for participation with this! What if, under "Community Choice" on the gallery, we have an album for a current event that's a public album people can post event-related content to? Maybe tell them to keep it at or below 3 submissions per person per week to avoid spamming it? We would need to come up with a good event title that encourages people of various interests and mediums to participate. :meow:
    • Like Like x 2
  10. PixelJail Partnered Member Partner [__________]

Blog Posts:
    Could be cool, just a section for w/e current event is running. I know a few groups I follow on DA have like an event going every 2-4 weeks or something, just one event after the other. Even ask for community suggestions and such on what they are, and then just encourage people to make work for the event, publish it all in a featured gallery. Discord could be a cool place to run that kind of thing~
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Kevlar31 Disaster of biblical proportions! . [__________] ✩ Gallery Moderator ✩

Blog Posts:
    @Punkae Would it be monitored to ensure that people keep to the maximum amount of posts? I'm sure most people would, it's just ...
    @PixelJail I think the more going on the better. There isn't much participation here on the Forums so maybe have announcements here and then run them at the gallery or Discord.
    If it's run on a monthly basis, it could be tied to world events, my favourite is Octoberfest! ;)
    • Love Love x 1
  12. Punkae Artist, Writer, and Professional Tea Addict ♥ [__________________________] Author [Varied-Genre] aesthetic

Blog Posts:
    @Kevlar31 I don't think I currently have a way to hard enforce the posting limit in real time, but I will happily monitor it to make sure people behave. :3

Edit: Also, if you didn't see, the event feature is live on the main gallery page. I can also add a copy on the forum page, since I think that would feel nice and consistent. :)
    • Like Like x 1