Big Game Hunter

Discussion in 'Short Stories' started by Trystl, May 15, 2018.

1. Trystl Bondage Heroine [__________] The Bondage Heroine

Blog Posts:
    Little Jigon didn’t feel quite so little as he raised his spear in jubilation.

He was perched up the rump of the biggest animal that anyone in his tribe had ever brought down—yes, him. Little Jigon. The undersized adult who was too small to go with his father and brother on the hunt.

"I'm sorry, Little Jigon," his father said as he and Jigon's brother strapped on their weapons in preparation of joining the tribe's hunters. “You're still way too small to go with us on the hunt.”

It was so humiliating!

Technically, Jigon was old enough to go with the hunters. He'd been old enough at the last hunt as well, but he hadn't been able to go then either.
    Well, he was tired of being little Jigon. By the God of the Borough, he would prove to his father (and all the boys his age) that he was worthy of going on the hunt. If they wouldn't let him go with them, Jigon would go on a hunt of his own. And he would go after one of the biggest (and most dangerous) game of all. When he succeeded, his family and friends would no longer be able to tease him for being so small—for he would have done what all the hunters together would never think to try. Indeed, the Tailtops were ferocious beasts. One could be as much as six or seven times as tall as even the tallest warrior.

Jigon had never actually seen one himself. He’d only heard the sad tales of those who ventured outside the forest. Jigon sometimes wondered if any of those stories were even true—or if they were just tales of the elder-wives, designed to scare the foolish children they tended.

After all, who would want to venture outside the forest?

No, the Tittak’ul were a very solitary people. They tried hard not to be seen by outsiders—any outsiders—and the Tailtops were as far outside the forest as any creature could get. Mindless carnivores, they killed and ate voraciously, with no regard for the great wisdom of the Borough God. It was said that a single Tailtop could kill and devour a whole Tittak’ul tribe in a single sitting—so Jigon’s mission was not without it’s dangers. But he was determined. If he didn’t bring down one of these Tailtops, it would only be because he had died trying.

The first step, however, was to find one.

Fortunately, there were places in the forest, particularly around the dead-lines and the water sources, where Tailtops were said to sometimes go. In fact, the elder-wives claimed the dead-lines were caused by the Tailtops walking along them. These creatures were so hideous, that they killed the land simply by walking on it occasionally. They didn’t have enough sense to walk with a soft step, or to ask the grass to accept their weight before stepping on it. But what else would one expect from mindless creatures. Their heads were so high up in the air that the oxygen didn’t reach their brain.

And yet, that elder-wives tale couldn’t be entirely true, could it? For it was said that the Tailtops slept with their massive heads to the ground, like every other non-sentient creature in the world.

That was it!

All Jigon had to do was find a Tailtop who was sleeping!

Ridiculous. The Tailtops didn’t come to the forest to sleep. They came occasionally to hunt or to drink from the watering holes. It was said that they sometimes dipped their bodies into the water, however, and afterwards they liked to lie on the warmth of a sun baked rock while they dried off.

Perhaps Jigon could sneak a little of the medicine woman’s sacred magic to make a Tailtop fall asleep while they were wallowing in the sun.

With this plan in place, Jigon vowed that he would not rest until he’d found a Tailtop and brought it down...

Necrovert--Big Game Hunter_by_zarathul.png
    Colored by Trystl; original art by Necrovert (Formerly Zarathul)
    https://necrovert.deviantart.com/

...And now, after months of waiting patiently by the watering holes, he’d found the perfect prey; and while she was sleeping, he’d tied her up with the strands of rope that were almost too big for him to carry. It had taken him hours to drag the ropes to a hiding place near the water’s edge. Then it had taken several more months of tracking and waiting in his hunter’s nest until the perfect Tailtop wandered into his trap.

It was a female.

Jigon could tell because of her massive udders, which she’d suddenly exposed by shedding portions of her strange outer skin.

The elder-wives had never mentioned anything about this rather strange behavior. And Jigon couldn’t help wondering if it was some sort of bizarre defense mechanism triggered by fear. For despite her great size—which was slightly small for a Tailtop—she did indeed seem to be frightened by Jigon.

She was making strange mewling sounds.

Jigon, in his superior wisdom, had thought to stuff bits of cloth into her mouth, then wrap a larger cloth around her face, to muffle the sounds he’d anticipated she would try to make. Creatures always call out to their own, trying to give warning or seeking aid. This Tailtop, however, was securely bound. He’d wrapped so many strands of the rope around the extremity of her limbs that even her mighty strength couldn’t pull them apart.

The most difficult part had been trying to bring the ends of her limbs together, so she wouldn’t be able to move as much. The trick had been to connect the two ends of her long body with a rope that he slowly pulled tighter and tighter as she wiggled in her sleep. When she finally woke, he was still rather far away from his goal, which was to get those parts of her body to touch. But she was tied tightly enough that her movement was severely limited.

Now, all that was left was to go home and tell everyone about his great victory...

What seemed like the easiest part of Jigon’s plan turned out to be the hardest, for when he proudly told his playmate, Hasikum, what he had done, she just laughed and called him a liar. She wouldn’t even go with him to see if he was telling the truth.

Jigon’s next step was to tell his father. The subject, however, wasn’t an easy one to broach. Despite his great victory, Jigon’s father might still be angry with him. His father didn’t think he was old enough to go out with the hunters, he certainly wouldn’t think he was old enough to go hunting Tailtops all on his own.

“Father?”

“Yes, Little Jigon?”

“If a hunter captured a Tailtop, how would he...”

“Don’t be absurd, Little Jigon,” his father interrupted. “It’s impossible to bring down a Tailtop...”

“But if he could? Think of all the meat it would provide? We might not have to hunt for a whole year... or even more.”

Father scoffed in amusement. “With so much meat, most of it would go bad long before we could eat it. It would be impossible to build a big enough fire... not without burning down the whole forest. And if we tried to cure the meat, it would take far to long. Most of the meat would go bad before we could use it. And the Borough God frowns on those who waste his blessings, even if it is just a Tailtop. And all of this assumes that a hunter would be foolish enough to attempt the impossible—and somehow lucky enough to succeed. But how would we drag it back to the village? And why would we want to? Besides all the dead-lines such an undertaking would no doubt create, what if the Tailtop were only pretending to be caught. They might not be sentient creatures, but they’re clever, in their own way. They’re also ferociously strong; and they know how to be tricksters, when they want to be. It would be just like one of them to play dead until they discovered our nest and then kill us all. No, son... No hunter would ever be so foolish as to go after a Tailtop. To do so would be to risk the whole tribe for nothing.”

After his father’s little lecture, Jigon didn’t even try to tell anyone else about what he’d done.

He walk dejectedly back to the site of what he expected to be his greatest triumph, and there was the Tailtop still lying on the ground, struggling to undo the ropes that he’d so cleverly bound her with.

Although she stopped struggling as much as she had been in his absence, she didn’t seem to be as frightened of him as she had been before. In fact, she was looking at him with a rather curious expression as he approached her.

“Well now, little fella...” she said in a somewhat mangled Mind-language. “Now that you have me, what are you going to do with me?”

This startled Jigon so much that it literally knocked him down. No one had ever suggested that the Tailtops could speak. It was said that they only made the mouth noises, like any other lower animal. But here was a Tailtop who was speaking—not clearly, perhaps, but speaking none-the-less.

“It was very clever of you to tie me up like this. Who would have thought a woodland creature could use rope?”

“Did you just insult me?” Jigon asked.

She just looked at him and grinned.

“Quiet little fella, aren’t you?” She rolled over and her outer skin fell even further away from her body. It didn’t even seem to be attached... very strange. Nor did it seem to bother her to have her softer inner layers so exposed to the elements. “Do you like what you see?” Again she grinned. “I suspect it’s going to be a little hard for you to ravish me, however.”

Ewh! Did she really think he found her strange body attractive?

He had to admit, she had certain features that were oddly compelling to look at; but so did a mold fungi.

“Why don’t you let me go? Huh, little fella? I have a clandy hibar in my saffenbaddl. I could let you have it, if you want.”

Jigon didn’t know what a clandy hibar or a saffenbaddl were—but in the way of the mind language, he got the distinct impression that the first was something to eat and the second was the small box she’d been carrying with her when she lay down by the edge of the water. Going over to the container, he looked inside and found something strange. It smelled good, whatever it was. It had a strange sort of... bark: white and thin and smooth. It crinkled strangely when Jigon touched it.

Taking the end, he tore off a piece. It was very tough at first, but once the outer skin began to tear, it continued to rip rather easily. Inside was something black and soft. It smelled like nothing Jigon had ever smelled.

“Go ahead, little fella. Take a bite.”

Jigon took a nibble and was startled by the taste. It was heavenly. Unlike anything he’d ever put in his mouth.

“If you untie me, little fella, maybe I’ll bring you some more of that for you tomorrow.”

Jigon was surprised by how pleased that idea made him.

During his long walk back from talking with his father, he’d been pondering what he would do with the Tailtop he’d capture. It was said that they were very dangerous, but he found it hard to believe that this creature, who could mind-talk, was dangerous at all. Her mind didn’t have the feel of a typical predator. And if she was really willing to bring more of the white fruit he was eating, perhaps it was worth taking what his father would surely call a risk.

Slowly, Jigon went to her ropes and began to untie her.

“Thanks, little fella,” she said as she sat up and began to press her outer skin back together.

Jigon held back a little, ready to run if the giant Tailtop did anything devious.

“You probably won’t be here tomorrow, will you, Little fella?”

Jigon took a few steps closer and nodded his head vigorously. “Yes I will,” he said, even though he knew she didn’t seem to understand him.”

She smiled at him. “Some how I get the feeling that you understand me better than you should. So whether you’re here tomorrow or not, I’ll be here. And I’ll have some more of that clandy hibar, just like I promised.”

She lifted her hand and moved her fingers up and down—and Jigon knew that it was her way of saying goodbye. So he raised his own hand and mimicked her action.

This seemed to please her. She actually laughed. Jigon hadn’t known the Tailtops could do that.

“I know this is kind of crazy,” she said before turning to leave, “But something tells me that you and I are going to be really good friends.”
    Last edited: May 15, 2018