✩ Meet our Staff! ✩

Discussion in 'Important Stuff!' started by Punkae, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Punkae Artist, Writer, and Professional Tea Addict ♥ [__________________________] Author [Varied-Genre]

Blog Posts:
    MEET OUR AWESOME STAFF!
    This is a breakdown of staff roles and members on Erolair.

Admin/Site Owner:
    Owns and manages the actual site and the staff as well as all content on the site overall

Gallery Moderator:
    Quality/Content control for the official site gallery. This pertains to the Posting Guide and how content in the gallery falls under its rules.

Forum Moderator:
    Responsible for enforcing rules in regard to threads, replies, etc. in the site's forums. This usually applies to one forum or a set of forums. See our Chat Rules and Posting Guide to make sure your content is allowed!

SuperModerator:
    Takes on the tasks of both Gallery and Forum Moderator. Forum moderation permission extends to all forums.

Collections Manager:
    Has the ability to add and remove gallery items from the Featured Collection. Feel free to make suggestions to Collections managers for featured content!

@Punkae - Site Owner and Administrator
    @Sitrax - Gallery Moderator and Collections Manager
    @Tombstone - Gallery Moderator and Collections Manager
    @Kaoz - Gallery Moderator
    @Eldrik - Forum Moderator
    @WanderingSketchPad -Collections Manager
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
  2. Punkae Artist, Writer, and Professional Tea Addict ♥ [__________________________] Author [Varied-Genre]

Blog Posts:
    ABOUT OUR STAFF

Our staff are held to a high standard of behavior. We care very much about the people on this site, so it is of utmost importance that the people who handle issues here are professional and understanding.

The staff follow the same rules as everyone else, and failing to do so may result in removal of rank. Users may rest easy knowing that the staff are not special exception to anything, and they have been hand-picked to deal with people and issues well.

Our site staff are expected to work well with one another, as well as with other users of the site. They are chosen in part by their ability to function well as a team member, thus making our staff team better overall.

The regular staff (Gallery mods, forum mods, collections managers) are expected to be at least semi-active. This means they should show up at least several times a week. The requirements for this are flexible, and the work that's expected of them is likewise flexible. SupeMods are expected to be active on a daily or semi-daily basis. If a staff member is too inactive, the person may be de-ranked, though in good standing with our team, so the person has the opportunity to be re-ranked at a later date.

Regular staff may be required to have some experience with this site or moderation in general to be accepted, though the requirements are somewhat flexible for this and are influenced by the individual who is applying. SuperModerators are hand picked from people who have already been staff here and have had interactions with our team and know what the site needs and have experience dealing with issues on it.

All new staff additions must go through @Punkae. It is very important to note that we are not obligated to accept any specific person as staff, regardless of the application contents. Those are used as a tool to help us decide whether an individual might work well for this site, but we have the right to decline anyone at our discretion.
  3. Punkae Artist, Writer, and Professional Tea Addict ♥ [__________________________] Author [Varied-Genre]

Blog Posts:
    [reserved]
  4. Punkae Artist, Writer, and Professional Tea Addict ♥ [__________________________] Author [Varied-Genre]

Blog Posts:
    [reserved]
  5. WanderingSketchPad Super Awesome SuperModerator [__________] Collections Manager Rambling Writer

Blog Posts:
    I dont mind taking over a role of supermod when i have the computer from my bae available ^^
  6. Punkae Artist, Writer, and Professional Tea Addict ♥ [__________________________] Author [Varied-Genre]

Blog Posts:
    I was about to suggest that to you in PM. I'd really appreciate that! I can set you to the role whenever you are ready, though we'll all understand that you're limited somewhat in terms of what you can handle when you're on mobile. c:
  7. WanderingSketchPad Super Awesome SuperModerator [__________] Collections Manager Rambling Writer

Blog Posts:
    Yea ^^; while im not working i should be able to be a lot more active at least =3
    • ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ x 1
  8. Eldrik Tentacle Master [__________] Artsy Corner Forum Mod

Blog Posts:
    I'd offer myself as forum moderator, since this spot seem vacant, but I'm not sure of my availability/efficiency once the threads start popping up in larger numbers. I tend to show up here only on the mornings or evenings. But I guess all is good for now, everybody's nice :D
  9. Punkae Artist, Writer, and Professional Tea Addict ♥ [__________________________] Author [Varied-Genre]

Blog Posts:
    The job of a forum moderator might not require much "hunting" for problems so much as attending occasional reports. I'll have to figure out how much staff we need to start off with and then evaluate it as we go on from there. I don't want to overload the individuals offering their time and effort to make this place better, for certain. c:

If that makes you feel any particular way about the task, let me know. I'll certainly keep you under consideration because you seem like a really reasonable person who would be be able to handle the task well. :meow:
  10. Eldrik Tentacle Master [__________] Artsy Corner Forum Mod

Blog Posts:
    I'm admin/mod in a few places of my own, and I'm not a control freak, if anything I can be too chill, though I enjoy using ban hammers on confirmed trolls and bots, it feels so rewarding! As for staff distribution, I guess you need to check the availability and preferences of people?

I think personally I would be able to handle 1 or 2 sections, but I have little experience for RP, so I don't feel I'd be appropriate for that bit, I wouldn't know where the RP stop and actual abuse start @[email protected] I would probably be good at handling the artsy corner. Artsy is all I do.
  11. WanderingSketchPad Super Awesome SuperModerator [__________] Collections Manager Rambling Writer

Blog Posts:
    Cass already knows about my very *ehem* strong hand of justice xD
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Punkae Artist, Writer, and Professional Tea Addict ♥ [__________________________] Author [Varied-Genre]

Blog Posts:
    Yeah, I've done a considerable amount of ownership/administration/moderation over the last five or six years, so I've had plenty of experience building good and functional staff teams. :XD: I definitely don't seek control so much as just want to be able to do work or have fun while using better tools to use than are available in different places I've been where I was just a normal user.

I will have to set up category-specific moderator roles and then consider the people who will be able to take staff action within them. I will also need to set up with some general guidelines for how the staff should respond to issues, etc.. I'll be working on this a bit today in-between other things and will let you know when it's ready for testing/use. c:

And yeah... the RP section is an animal all of its own. I have a few people who are interested in taking on the task. A lot of handling it will be holding people to base rules that are set in the forums that keep the moderation need to a minimum. ^^
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Eldrik Tentacle Master [__________] Artsy Corner Forum Mod

Blog Posts:
    Yo I've been busy these last days, even my customers post my pics in my stead :p
    But I wanted to say thank you for accepting my offer as Artsy corner mod, I'll play nice I promise!
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Punkae Artist, Writer, and Professional Tea Addict ♥ [__________________________] Author [Varied-Genre]

Blog Posts:
    I very much know the feel! I am really thankful that you're willing to lend a hand! :meow:
  15. Punkae Artist, Writer, and Professional Tea Addict ♥ [__________________________] Author [Varied-Genre]

Blog Posts:
    Made changes to original post layout and added @Tombstone to the staff list. :meow:
    • Love Love x 1