♥ Development Tracker ♥

Discussion in 'News' started by Punkae, Apr 5, 2016.

1. berseh Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    I don't understand the "public album" thing: Aren't all albums public? How does one move one's albums from a category to another.
    Also, is it now possible to write more words to go with a photo? I've just posted a new photo and found out the text was accepted. What is the new limit (used to be 2000 characters)?
  2. Punkae Artist, Writer, and Sleepless Tea Addict ♥ [_____________] Author [Varied-Genre] aesthetic

Blog Posts:
    @berseh Public albums in this instance are shared-access albums. You're right that all albums are public unless set to private in the sense that they can be seen by others on the site. In this instance, I mean they're meant to be used by everyone as needed as well. If you take a look at them here, you can see the account hosts the albums for major site events, as well as official site assets (tutorials, help, formatting stuff). In the case of events, everyone has access to post to the event album while the event is active. I'm sorry if the name is a little confusing. I couldn't think of anything better to describe it.

I did try to mess with the character limit, but to my knowledge, it wasn't successful at the time. Perhaps it is now? I can test later to give a more definitive answer. :meow:
  3. Cammyjay Active Member

Blog Posts:
    Your booty has been busy lately it seems.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Punkae Artist, Writer, and Sleepless Tea Addict ♥ [_____________] Author [Varied-Genre] aesthetic

Blog Posts:
    @Cammyjay I've been trying to knock out some stuff, that's for sure! :meow:
  5. Punkae Artist, Writer, and Sleepless Tea Addict ♥ [_____________] Author [Varied-Genre] aesthetic

Blog Posts:
    • Love Love x 1
  6. Punkae Artist, Writer, and Sleepless Tea Addict ♥ [_____________] Author [Varied-Genre] aesthetic

Blog Posts:
    Groups are now available! Check out the groups tab on the navigation bar to take a peek! Enjoy, everyone! :meowsanta:
    groups-tab.jpg
    Please keep in mind that group album privacy is not adjustable and allows download of content posted. Please do not post anything to group albums that you don't want to allow others to download. If you need to watermark or adjust the size of your work to accommodate for this, please remember to do so before uploading to a group album!

----

@Member @Premium @Beta Tester @Founder @Moderator @Gallery Moderator @SuperModerator
  7. Punkae Artist, Writer, and Sleepless Tea Addict ♥ [_____________] Author [Varied-Genre] aesthetic

Blog Posts:
    Continued from my last post about setting up the groups feature: please feel free to make your own groups as desired and test out creating group albums, posting pictures, writing messages on the different walls in groups, etc. All the features need tested. At this time, creating forums for groups doesn't seem to work, so if you are leading a group, please edit the tab display options in group settings and just disable forums, so it's not showing a useless tab. It's not necessary to do this, but it will make things less confusing for people joining your groups. Have fun, and let me know how things go!

---

@Member @Premium @Beta Tester @Founder @Moderator @Gallery Moderator @SuperModerator
    • Like Like x 1
  8. helleborenoire Member

Blog Posts:
    as long as they don't say it's their work they can use my publications... if someone asks for money to download something with the label "helleborenoire" it's an impostor...
  9. Punkae Artist, Writer, and Sleepless Tea Addict ♥ [_____________] Author [Varied-Genre] aesthetic

Blog Posts:
    It shouldn't be a problem as long as people respect our site rules. No one is allowed to claim other people's work as their own, regardless of where it's posted. I just can't stop the group albums from allowing downloads, so if anyone has a problem with that, they have to decide if they need to watermark their work or something. But we'll always protect against art theft and treat it seriously. So if you ever see this happen, please let me know. :)
    • Like Like x 1
  10. earlydarke New Member

Blog Posts:
    I'm tracking the development of this thread :)
    • Love Love x 1
  11. Punkae Artist, Writer, and Sleepless Tea Addict ♥ [_____________] Author [Varied-Genre] aesthetic

Blog Posts:
    • Updated some of our upcoming events. Stay tuned for actual threads to be made for the ones in February. I'll be doing that soon.
    • Made the recent library posts more visible from the main gallery page. "Recent Written Works" was renamed to "Featured Writing from Gallery". Writers, remember, you have full control over this featuring for your writing. This is to help us make written content more visible for our authors, and as there are less writers on the platform and double the effort is involved in cross posting writing to the gallery, you have total control for the foreseeable future in featuring your work here. Just make sure that you post it to the correct album, which you can get to by clicking the slider title, which will take you here. All registered members should have permissions to post to this album. It is only for written work that have either a simple cover image or some form of cover art as the photo itself and either a short story as the description or a link to a library post in the description. Anyone found abusing this for non-writing work will be reprimanded.
    • If you haven't stumbled upon my blog post about the secret in the style chooser, if you want a cute little wintry surprise, check out the style chooser toward the bottom of the site but above the advert space. :meowsanta:
    • Looking to have people test making Groups. The link to the groups feature can be found in the top tab. Feel free to make groups for the type of content you like, themes, roleplay, social, or other groups that suit your needs to connect with others. Please explore this feature, so I can assure that it works and start fixing any bugs it presents!

---

@Member @Beta Tester @Founder @Premium @Moderator @Gallery Moderator @SuperModerator
    • Like Like x 1
  12. helleborenoire Member

Blog Posts:
    yuki ga futeimasu. it's snowing.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Telki Member Author

Blog Posts:
    Bard made me a banner . I have no idea how to put it on my library .
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Nathanomir Super Fancy [______________________] [__________]

Blog Posts:
    Excellent! The news about Groups will excite the crew over at DeviantArt. They'll want to start playing over here.
    • Love Love x 1
  15. Punkae Artist, Writer, and Sleepless Tea Addict ♥ [_____________] Author [Varied-Genre] aesthetic

Blog Posts:
    @Telki I will take care of this when I am back at my desk in a bit. Thanks for getting the banner image to me. Let me know if you need any text as well.

@Nathanomir Awesome! I was hoping that would give people some power to form their own communities here. ^_^
  16. Cammyjay Active Member

Blog Posts:
    Happy new year. Golly, you have been busy Punkae.
  17. Punkae Artist, Writer, and Sleepless Tea Addict ♥ [_____________] Author [Varied-Genre] aesthetic

Blog Posts:
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Telki Member Author

Blog Posts:
    Ty Ty Ty ty
    • Love Love x 1