♥ Development Tracker ♥

Discussion in 'News' started by Punkae, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Punkae Artist, Writer, and Sleepless Tea Addict ♥ [_____________] Author [Varied-Genre] aesthetic

Blog Posts:
    Rolling updates as I work on the site to keep you informed! :heartpurple:
    • Like Like x 1
    • Llama Love Llama Love x 1
  2. Punkae Artist, Writer, and Sleepless Tea Addict ♥ [_____________] Author [Varied-Genre] aesthetic

Blog Posts:
    Alright, so now that the basic site is laid out, I have some bugs to work through and plenty of stuff to add in! :3

What I've got up to now:
    • Made Membership add banner and Tab
    [​IMG]
    • Worked out an example order form that shows roughly how choosing from multiple content creators would look:
    [​IMG]
    (THIS IS JUST AN EXAMPLE IMAGE FOR DEVELOPMENTAL PURPOSES. It is not necessarily indicative of actual prices, who offers content on this site, or who will offer premium content in the future.)​
    • Uploaded emoticon images to my hosting area, but I have yet to install them to the site.
    • Installed the gallery setup and will make text/example galleries soonTM!
    • Made a post about restricted access beta and have been approving a few users. I think we'll look for a max of 30 for testing. I'm open to allowing more if beta testers think this is a better option.
    WORK ON DECK:
    • Fix double appearance of style chooser at the bottom of the page
    • Set up full list of forums for various chat and discussion
    • Add emoticons and example image galleries
    • Brainstorm full list of premium features and format the Premium Membership page.
    • Set up paypal payment method for and add button in on Founder donation page
    • Properly advertise Founder donation option and the perks it gives

IDEAS TO WORK OUT:
    • Set up a blog/journal feature for members (premium? or for all members?)
    • Spotify integration?
    • Status updates or home page-like appearance with pinned articles (maybe?)
    @Member
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Punkae Artist, Writer, and Sleepless Tea Addict ♥ [_____________] Author [Varied-Genre] aesthetic

Blog Posts:
    :meowbounce:Yaaaay!

I got a lot of stuff done today, and it feels really good to get the ball rolling. c:

COMPLETED:
    • Fix double style chooser/footer items
    • Added Emoticons
    • Set up some basic forums (There will probably be a few more made as time goes on)
    • Set up Founder and general donations button
    • Made the :beta: group
    • Started setting up the :crown: Premium group
    • Created a "News Feed" tab that shows recent activity on the site
    • Added a to the "like" button.
    • Downsized the header image/ad to be more reasonable
    • Fixed white border that was appearing behind the IM chat on the main page

@Member
    @Beta Star
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Punkae Artist, Writer, and Sleepless Tea Addict ♥ [_____________] Author [Varied-Genre] aesthetic

Blog Posts:
    I got a teensy bit more done for now. I'm gonna go make one with the pillows and blankets for a while now! ;~;

DONE:
    • Added Age restriction info to the footer of every page on the site and in the middle of the registration form
    • Added a copyright label at the bottom of the page
    • (Thanks to @ShapeFlesh) Fixed an issue with avatar uploading
    @Member
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Punkae Artist, Writer, and Sleepless Tea Addict ♥ [_____________] Author [Varied-Genre] aesthetic

Blog Posts:
    Before I lay down and cease to human for a while, I'll post a little update about today:
    • Added several more emoticons to the list
    • Fixed an issue with the background of content warping and displaying oddly
    • Added the Library for people to post their written work (stories, educational, etc.) in!
    • Added base/integration for Personal librarires, so established authors can post their stuff in an easily accessible place.
    • Updated the :crown: icon to be a bit nicer
    • Added a Mature Content prompt via the home button and site logo.
    • Added Mature Content Posting Guide
    • Added mandatory y/n checkbox for mature content when submitting a new gallery or manually editing images in gallery view.
    • Say hello to the new and (somewhat) improved logo!
    [​IMG]
    • Made the clickthrough of the Mature Content Warning page go to a "recently submitted images" view
    • Edited an assload of templates... :XD:
    • Tweaked the IM chat settings to help stop people from getting muted from messaging too fast.
    • Did two small adverts for the beta. Maybe a few more people will come join us in our cozy little hangout while the site is being developed!
    • Added mature content text at the top of the public gallery list
    • Changed the default hyperlink color, so it's a bright and well-contrasting teal that seems to look alright with the main purple text. ^^;
    There's probably more, but I can't think of it off the top of my head. All I know is that I worked long hours throughout the day and got a lot of stuff done. x)

@Member
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
  6. Punkae Artist, Writer, and Sleepless Tea Addict ♥ [_____________] Author [Varied-Genre] aesthetic

Blog Posts:
    :crown: Galleries are now useable! Please go test out this feature here! You can view a list of recently uploaded pictures (by all members) by clicking "Home" or on the logo at the top left of the page! :meow:

@Member
  7. Punkae Artist, Writer, and Sleepless Tea Addict ♥ [_____________] Author [Varied-Genre] aesthetic

Blog Posts:
    Okay, I have a few more updates to share!

• Unsorted and Unsorted [NSFW] album categories were added, primarily for non-premium users who will upload more than one type of content to their album. c;
    • BBCode (The code that makes emotes, links, embeds images and video, etc.) now works on profiles! This also applies to the popup/preview you get when you click on a user's name or icon.
    • Email confirmation (and other email communication between the site and registered users) now functions. Obviously, manual approval of accounts is still necessary due to us being in beta. It does mean, however, that if you want to get emails when someone private messages you, for instance, you can do that. :meowaqua:
    • The :founder: group has been added and updated. Originally, the group tag was this: [​IMG] . It's a bit better now, I think. @Wandering Sketchpad pointed out that the text was hard to read being so tall, and I thought perhaps the color could be made a bit better to fit with the site theme. Founders still get a dark blue banner on their avatar, whereas the :beta: users get a lighter teal.
      • I could potentially just make their icons the respective stars and let the banner tell you that they're beta or founder. I'm open to discussion over this. If you wanna chat about it, please open a thread (or use one if it exists) in the Issues, Questions, and Suggestions forum.
    • I started working on back-end stuff for both Mature content filtering and the partnering system. Neither are functional for beta testers yet, but they're in the works and will be soon!
    • Made main message text slightly darker, so it's easier on the eyes when reading.
    • Changed the width of avatar display on threads, so longer names don't get partially wrecked by word wrapping into space on the block that doesn't exist. :XD:
    @Member

Much love! :meowlove:
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Punkae Artist, Writer, and Sleepless Tea Addict ♥ [_____________] Author [Varied-Genre] aesthetic

Blog Posts:
    So today, I really got some shit done. This list might seem short, but the actual work behind some of it was enormous (and hilarious).

• Fixed Beta, Founder, and Site Owner avatar tags so that they display on the banners INSTEAD of text (well, kind of), rather than before the username. This fixes the wordwrapping issue @WanderingSketchPad was having with his name as well as the clunky display in the users list and some other stuff.
    • Set up basic permissions to block new members from uploading to the Unsorted and Photography categories. This needs to be bug tested.
      • Beta, Founder, Premium, and Staff will automagically be able to create the aforementioned album types.
    • Set up basic back-end stuff for auto promoting users to photography posting status.
    • Set up back end stuff to work out a system to allow members an increase in gallery storage based on positive forum interaction. (I think this is a great way to keep people from being unhappy about premium getting something unlimited that they don't get while also encouraging meaningful forum activity)

Aaaand with that said, I'm going to snog my pillow for a few hours. I hope you all have a great morning/day/night/octopus/whatever! :meowlove:

@Member
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Punkae Artist, Writer, and Sleepless Tea Addict ♥ [_____________] Author [Varied-Genre] aesthetic

Blog Posts:
    • More back end framework for restricting photography uploads
    • Back end support for turning on/off Mature content (incomplete)
    • Changed the "Home" tab to "Recent Uploads" to be more intuitive. The Logo now directs back to the forum main page
    • News feed is now filtered by a mature content click-through page due to the fact that it shows unfiltered image previews
    • Changed category structure for albums and added a "Crafts" option!
  10. Punkae Artist, Writer, and Sleepless Tea Addict ♥ [_____________] Author [Varied-Genre] aesthetic

Blog Posts:
    Alright, I have a really great bundle of stuff to share with all of you today~

• A "Recently Featured Images" bar is now available! Works can be featured by Staff and Collections Managers (Special group appointed to a few who can help select featured work). They will show up at the top of "Recent Uploads" and "Album Gallery", like so:

[​IMG]
    • The Grey bar at the bottom of Recently Featured takes you to the "Featured" Collection page.
    • The tab order has been modified to make more sense. Content-related stuff is to the left, and social stuff is to the right.
    • Added a "Submit" button for more streamlined performance.
    • Changed some of the image handling, so loading images in the gallery should be a lot faster.
    • Worked on more back end support for "naturally-earned" perks for using the forums. (This is in early development and is not usable by beta testers yet, but I'll let you know!)

My, that was a doozy! It might not look like much, but that was quite a bit of development, mostly because learning how to accomplish it required quite a bit of research and fumbling around trial-and-error style until I got it how I wanted it. Please let me know what you think of these features! I'm really excited to have the site coming together so quickly, personally, and it's such a pleasure having all of you all on board! :meowlove:

@Member
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Punkae Artist, Writer, and Sleepless Tea Addict ♥ [_____________] Author [Varied-Genre] aesthetic

Blog Posts:
    • A version of the site theme with a bit more teal is available! You can try this layout by using the style chooser (found at the bottom left of the page) and switching from "Punkae (Default)" to "Punkae (Teal)"
    • Made some minor visual tweaks to the base and other layouts (namely darkened the name, inbox, and alert button overlay that shows up on the tab bar when you scroll down a page.)
    • Purchased and installed Post Ratings, a cool feature that lets you choose from more options than just a "like" button on the forums. There are positive, negative, and neutral ratings. A counter of these will show up next to your avatar from the forum page, and more detailed info is on your profile page. Gallery images and their relevant comment boards do not support this, so you're stuck with just a plain like button over there. Sorry! :XD:

@Member
  12. Punkae Artist, Writer, and Sleepless Tea Addict ♥ [_____________] Author [Varied-Genre] aesthetic

Blog Posts:
    • Made image behind/under avatar on profile page the same as the site background
    • Added Spoileres
      • Spoilers are super cool, and so are you! :D
    • Enabled more bbcode on profiles. Note: If you use this to embed videos, keep in mind it will show up in your member card (popup when clicking a member's name) if it is your most recent post. I suggest posting a small/normal status update after making a video post on your profile to keep this from being a problem. :meow:
    @Member
  13. Punkae Artist, Writer, and Sleepless Tea Addict ♥ [_____________] Author [Varied-Genre] aesthetic

Blog Posts:
    • Added more stuff the the help page and formatted it correctly.
    • Added more to the Posting Guide This includes avatar policy.
    • Added Thread Icons! These are usable by Founders and Premium Members!
    [​IMG]
    • Updated Member and Beta groups to default to 5 albums max, as opposed to the previous 1. I want to support free users who like sorting. :meow:
    @Member
    • Llama Love Llama Love x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  14. Punkae Artist, Writer, and Sleepless Tea Addict ♥ [_____________] Author [Varied-Genre] aesthetic

Blog Posts:
    • Added live notification that will display in tab with a (1) or whatever number of notifications you have
    • Added in a sketch feature that can be used to attach super 'high quality' sketches to your replies. :XD:
    @Member
    • Love Love x 1
  15. Punkae Artist, Writer, and Sleepless Tea Addict ♥ [_____________] Author [Varied-Genre] aesthetic

Blog Posts:
    • Updated the site background to be smoother and more muted in tone to be easier on the eyes and make text more readable.
    • Worked with @Psifour to add a few more features to the Sketch app. This is a work in progress still but can now produce way better sketches. To participate in a fun sketch challenge thread, go here!
    • Added a forum under Art Discussion for Stock and Base Work. Also updated the Posting Guide to reflect this change. Please remember not to post stock/base to the gallery. The forum for it exists for a reason!
    • Added a Commissions section in the Artsy Corner. The top pinned post in each Buying and Selling will explain their respective rules! (These rule posts are currently a work in progress)
    • Added the Get Art Help! forum, which is a place where users can request or offer help with art-related stuff! :meow:
    • Integrated automatic promotion of users to a group that allows them to create unsorted or photography albums after making a reply to this thread. The Posting Guide has been adapted to link to the thread, so people know about it.
    • Added Spotify Embed support! To use this, right click "Copy Spotify URI" in spotify, then use the media button in the text editor here to add the link!

@Member
  16. Punkae Artist, Writer, and Sleepless Tea Addict ♥ [_____________] Author [Varied-Genre] aesthetic

Blog Posts:
    • Automated message has been made for when users sign up, pointing them to the introductions thread, etc., and these messages will be auto locked. (Before, it was manual, and I'm sorry to future users, but I won't be able to keep up anymore at some point! :XD: ) If you need to start a conversation with me for any reason, you may do so by clicking my name anywhere on the site and using the "Start a Conversation" button! :)
    • Brainstormed some future game ideas for the site. These will probably focus around tea, faeries, both, and more fun stuff that relates to our social climate here. :meowpink:
    • Made some further improvements to the "Draw Sketch" feature that is available at the bottom of posts. Improvements that were made:
      • More Brushs Sizes
      • Buttons display text properly for "Draw Mode" and "Erase All".
      • The canvas is now centered on the display.
      • The canvas now has a (visual only) grey background, separating it from the white background of the program. The default background is still NO background (Alpha layer-style png), so if you want a background on your image, you must paint a color in.
      • Future features I'm looking into include:
        • A proper eraser
        • Multiple layers
        • Toggle-able mock pressure sensitivity function (lines will start and end slightly skinnier than the middle of the line)
    • Made a new banner the site header and another for posting elsewhere to advertise the site. Feel free to use it if you like!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    @Member
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Kaoz Lord of the Monkeys [__________] ✩ Gallery Moderator ✩

Blog Posts:
  18. Punkae Artist, Writer, and Sleepless Tea Addict ♥ [_____________] Author [Varied-Genre] aesthetic

Blog Posts:
    Such progress, very work! >:0
  19. Punkae Artist, Writer, and Sleepless Tea Addict ♥ [_____________] Author [Varied-Genre] aesthetic

Blog Posts:
  20. Eldrik Tentacle Master [__________] Artsy Corner Forum Mod

Blog Posts:
    I will use that banner! Not sure how, but I shall!
    • ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ x 1